Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challange Popeyes Style Fried Chicken

Its time again for the Crazy Cooking Challenge. This month we were set out to find the best fried chicken recipe and share it with the world :) I had so many to choose from and they all looked so good.It was the first time that I have even made fried chicken homemade and it was so easy . I was even more thrilled when I found a recipe for my all time favorite chicken a copycat Popeyes chicken recipe. And I have to say it tasted pretty good. I mixed together two recipes to come up with this one. It was the perfect crunch on the outside and  so juicy and tender on the inside. Amazing and you sould  for sure try it out. I think I would add somemore spice next time just cuz we like stuff spicy but other then that it was great.  I got part of the recipe from shanscookbook.blogspot.com and the other half I got from a top secret recipe site plus added some of my own spices. So if you are going to make this go by my recipe to get the correct spices. So here it is my Crazy Cooking Challenge recipe for July Popeyes Fried Chicken.  Photobucket





Bone in skin on chicken I used legs and thighs about 4 lbs
2 cups buttermilk
4 tsp season salt


1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1T salt
2T white pepper
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 tsp Paprika
3 large eggs
6 cups veggie oil for frying

1.In a large container mix buttermilk with the season salt and combine with the chicken to marinate at least 2 hours. ( I did mine for about 6 hrs) Shaking every hour or so to get the chicken coated well

2. When ready to cook combine flour,salt,white pepper,cayenne pepper and paprika in ziplock bag.
3. In another bowl beat together the 3 eggs.
4. Remove pieces of chicken from buttermilk mixture and let drain off a little then dip them into the egg mix and then into the ziplock bag of flour mixture. Toss to coat well and place on cookie sheet to sit for 15 min.

5.Heat oil to 370-375 degrees when oil is ready drop in the chicken pieces a few at a time can fry 12-15 min depending on size. My legs took about 12 thighs were about 15 min. Make sure the internal temp in 180 to make sure that its done.
6.When Chicken is done drain on paper towels and let cook a few min.
7. Enjoy


Linked up to asliceofsouthern

15 comments:

  1. Popeye's does have some awesome chicken and next to KFC's (which is what I made) it's my hubby's fave. Yours looks wonderful and I'm saving this recipe.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry Copycat "KFC" Original Recipe Fried Chicken

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very similar to one of my fried chicken recipes! Reminds me of my grandma;s chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chicken looks amazing!!! I definitely will have to try this recipe next. You have lots of yummy recipes on your blog that I look forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect fried chicken. The pictures are fabulous!

    #46

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge fan of Popeye's!! This looks wonderful!

    Have a great weekend!

    Jaime
    #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen such perfect looking fried chicken! Good job!

    #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks so crisp and tempting! Perfectly done!!! Liz #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, Popeyes Chicken is my favorite too! This looks so yummy! Stopping by from the CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so delicous and crispy! Great SRC pick!

    I'm CCC #10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all the fried chicken recipe this month, mine is #54 - Nagoya style fried chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! Your fried chicken looks so good. Just like Popeyes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mixing 2 recipes together! The chicken looks great!
    #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe on Southern Sundays. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing the recipe.I will gonna try this today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never eat popeyes fried chicken but i like to eat crispy foods. very nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.. Leave me a comment :)